From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time to spend planning/defining how to architecture the CLD examn

Going through the sample examns..

How important is to plan on paper the cld problem? do you dedicate around 30 minutes or more?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Tell the truth, I never mapped it out on paper.  I just practiced over and over until I could recognize the kind of design pattern I would need for a given problem.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,736 Views)

I think I spent around 20 minutes reading the prompt and planning. I have yet to see a prompt that couldn't be done with an event driven state machine so I wouldn't worry too much about architecture. My "planning" was just a really rough sketch of what general states I needed and what they did in one sentence and I only did that much because on one of my practices I got to like 3 hours and couldn't figure out how to implement a pretty important feature without changing half of what I did.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,700 Views)

I did not use paper either. I think I spent maybe 10 minutes reading and thinking before I went to work. It might be good to spend more time, but I was anxious to get started coding...

(Per Hult, CLD)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,672 Views)