LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people have certification from NI

Highlighted

I attended NIWeek 2012 this year. In one of the Key Notes they gave some statistics about NI certifications.

I would like have some statistics on NI Certifications. Such as how many people have CLAD, CLD, and CLA among other certifications.

 

It would also be nice to know the attempt/failure rate for people attempting to get certifications.

 

This is valuable information to have. This information will not only help employers gauge the value of such certifications, but also help employees describe the worth of such certification in the pool of potential candidates.

 


Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,177 Views)
Highlighted

I have a CLA.  I managed to pass the CLAD twice, the CLD on the first try, and the CLA on the first try.  I have heard that over half of the people who try fail on their first attempt at the CLD.  I think most of that is due to the 4 hour time limit.

 

For some reason, I like to look at the certifications in Ohio.  Notice that there's a whopping 3 CLAs in OH.  On top of that, I'm the only one NOT in the North-East quadrant (non-330 area code).  My former company used that as a sales pitch.

 

But I also would like to see some numbers, mostly out of pure curiousity.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
Message 2 of 14
(2,171 Views)
Highlighted

I had a CLD. I did not renew it.

 

I cleared both CLAD and CLD in first attempts.

 

just manager to clear CLAD, a little above the required mark.

raced through CLD, with just little below the full mark. finished my exam in about 3 and half hours! i remember the examiner asking 'already done?'Smiley Happy

 

Edit:

 

@crossrulz

 

I have not seen many who cleared CLA in first attempt! Kudos!

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,127 Views)
Highlighted

You can find currently certified people at http://www.ni.com/services/certification.htm

I did CLAD and CLD at first attempt, CLA at second attempt, CTD at first attempt. I failed CTA and not tried it second time yet. 

Message 4 of 14
(2,114 Views)
Highlighted

@MrQuestion wrote:

 

This is valuable information to have. This information will not only help employers gauge the value of such certifications, but also help employees describe the worth of such certification in the pool of potential candidates.

 



I share Jeff Atwood's opinion on the importance of certification.

 

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/01/do-certifications-matter.html

 


Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 5 of 14
(2,088 Views)
Highlighted

Hi,

 

managed to do all certifications (CLAD, CLD, CLD re-cert, CLA) on first attempt. Although just... Smiley Wink

Speaking for me, I'm trying to keep up my certification state as a kind challenge to myself, so at least every two years I'll be forced to engaged myself a little deeper in LabVIEW Smiley Happy

 

Enjoy the weekend!

Oli

Join the Community!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,065 Views)
Highlighted

@crossrulz wrote:

I have a CLA.  I managed to pass the CLAD twice, the CLD on the first try, and the CLA on the first try.  I have heard that over half of the people who try fail on their first attempt at the CLD.  I think most of that is due to the 4 hour time limit.

 

For some reason, I like to look at the certifications in Ohio.  Notice that there's a whopping 3 CLAs in OH.  On top of that, I'm the only one NOT in the North-East quadrant (non-330 area code).  My former company used that as a sales pitch.

 

But I also would like to see some numbers, mostly out of pure curiousity.


 

Our Cleveland office is only 2.5 hours from my office in in McMurray PA just south of Pittsburgh. We have 6 CLA (7 if we need them) that support projects out of the Cleveland office. I am actively working two Cleveland projects this week. So the NI record of where the CLAs are do not reflect what talent is available to that region.

 

Spoiler

 

In my case, I passed the CLD and CLA before the CLAD was invented. At one time I had tutored or studied with 1 out every 7 CLAs in the world (we had the highest concentration of CLAs in the world at that time).

 

 

 

I should stop bragging and got to work, Smiley Embarassed

 

Ben 

 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,064 Views)
Highlighted

@Ben wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

I have a CLA.  I managed to pass the CLAD twice, the CLD on the first try, and the CLA on the first try.  I have heard that over half of the people who try fail on their first attempt at the CLD.  I think most of that is due to the 4 hour time limit.

 

For some reason, I like to look at the certifications in Ohio.  Notice that there's a whopping 3 CLAs in OH.  On top of that, I'm the only one NOT in the North-East quadrant (non-330 area code).  My former company used that as a sales pitch.

 

But I also would like to see some numbers, mostly out of pure curiousity.


 

Our Cleveland office is only 2.5 hours from my office in in McMurray PA just south of Pittsburgh. We have 6 CLA (7 if we need them) that support projects out of the Cleveland office. I am actively working two Cleveland projects this week. So the NI record of where the CLAs are do not reflect what talent is available to that region.

 

Spoiler

 

In my case, I passed the CLD and CLA before the CLAD was invented. At one time I had tutored or studied with 1 out every 7 CLAs in the world (we had the highest concentration of CLAs in the world at that time).

 

 

 

I should stop bragging and got to work, Smiley Embarassed

 

Ben 

 


I am well aware of DSA having so many CLAs.  You also have a good presence about an hour north of me (Dayton, WPAFB).  Many years ago I tried to get a job at DSA for this reason (I was also looking to possibly move to the Pittsburgh area).  Needless to say, I was still a little green for Richard (this is well before I tried for my second CLAD) and I'm still in Cincinati.


GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
Message 8 of 14
(2,057 Views)
Highlighted

@crossrulz wrote:
...I am well aware of DSA having so many CLAs.  You also have a good presence about an hour north of me (Dayton, WPAFB).  Many years ago I tried to get a job at DSA for this reason (I was also looking to possibly move to the Pittsburgh area).  Needless to say, I was still a little green for Richard (this is well before I tried for my second CLAD) and I'm still in Cincinati.

I hope you don't count that against yourself. You lost out to Mike Porter who had been coding in LV since LV 2.0.

 

He made me look green!

 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 14
(2,050 Views)
Highlighted
I don't think the numbers you are looking for are an accurate reflection of the available talent for at least two reasons. I hold a CLD but work with people who are better programmers that never bothered with certification. The other is that for whatever reason, many do not bother recertifying. I am not trying to say that certification is meaningless, just that the numbers are not really accurate.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012


Message 10 of 14
(2,037 Views)