LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people have certification from NI

I don't think the numbers you are looking for are an accurate reflection of the available talent for at least two reasons. I hold a CLD but work with people who are better programmers that never bothered with certification. The other is that for whatever reason, many do not bother recertifying. I am not trying to say that certification is meaningless, just that the numbers are not really accurate.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 11 of 14
(613 Views)

If you look at the list of CLD, CLD, etc on NI's site, most are people who work at companies that build test systems for other companies.

The tests themselves are quite pricey. $150 for the CLAD. That's money I would rather have in my pocket unless my employer is willing to pay for it.

Message 12 of 14
(606 Views)

Steve Chandler wrote:
I don't think the numbers you are looking for are an accurate reflection of the available talent for at least two reasons. I hold a CLD but work with people who are better programmers that never bothered with certification. The other is that for whatever reason, many do not bother recertifying. I am not trying to say that certification is meaningless, just that the numbers are not really accurate.

I agree totally. I have also worked with some very good programmers that have never certified. I see certification as having two advantages. One if you are meeting with strangers the certification gives you a baseline of your minimum expectations (with the CLAD proving that you know how to turn on labVIEW with other certifications having more meaning). The other advantage is that it forces you to be aware of new changes. LabVIEW is constantly evolving, and new techniques are always being developed.

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
Message 13 of 14
(592 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I have a CLA.  I managed to pass the CLAD twice, the CLD on the first try, and the CLA on the first try.  I have heard that over half of the people who try fail on their first attempt at the CLD.  I think most of that is due to the 4 hour time limit.

For some reason, I like to look at the certifications in Ohio.  Notice that there's a whopping 3 CLAs in OH

Hey crossrulz, do you know if it's still possible to check how many people are certified?

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(304 Views)