LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the legend position maintained when switching monitors?

A general purpose plotting program was converted to executable and transferred to a different computer. The position of the plot legend moves from the visible area to a position on the far right, out of view, in the executable version on the other computer. Is there a magic combination of settings in the 'VI Properties', or robust method (independant of changes in screen resolution) of fixing the position of the legend with respect to the plot?

The plot legend was changed from the default position to a position at bottom-left of the plot, to align with file names of plotted data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,422 Views)

The legend shouldn't be in any different position unless the programmer placed it there, or they are using some property nodes while the program is running to change the position.

You'll have to look at the source code VI's used to create the executable to see why it may be misplaced.

One other possibility.  They did some with VI properties/ Window Size to scale the objects to the window, or changed the properties of that graph to scale the object with the Pane.  Neither of which I would ever recommend.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 07-16-2009 11:12 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,413 Views)

I think that the problem is related to my developing the program on a standard screen, and transferring the executable to a widescreen. See the attachment for a screenshot of the legend position and of the (clumsy) fix. Nothing was done previously to actively place the legend position in the program, prior to the measure shown in the attachment. I'm looking for a better fix, so that the program may be transferred to other PCs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,393 Views)