LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How import measurement results in Matlab

Hi,

My question is how to import measurement results in Matlab from labview. I prefer .tdms or .tdm files, because of the performance and accuracy.

I already tried diadem, but that is not working with matlab 7.5 R2007b only with verison 6.5.

I do not need to get the results realtime. So a workaround is also a possibility, i tried Excel but that has a limitation of approximately 65500.

My Environment:
Windows Vista/XP
Matlab 7.5 R2007b
Labview 8.5 student version

I hope there is a solution to this problem.

Greetings
Maverick2k
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,319 Views)

Hey Maverick,

If you have Matlab and LabVIEW on the same machine, you can use the Matlab Script (Expand the palette in the block diagram and go to mathematics >> scripts & formulas >> script nodes ). There you can place your matlab code to communicate with Matlab.

On the other hand, since you have the Student Edition of LabVIEW 8.5, you could also use you m scripts with LabVIEW through the Mathscript (the blue boundery node in the mathematics >> scripts & formulas). This node will allow you to compute the m-script directly in LabVIEW. Notice also the the mathematics library is much more rich than used to be and it is possible that you could use functions if you want better performance.

Hope this helps

Message Edited by Barp on 02-06-2008 08:42 AM

Message Edited by Barp on 02-06-2008 08:43 AM
Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,302 Views)