From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you write a block parameter value in Fieldbus

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to write a LabVIEW  interface to communicate with Fieldbus devices.  I have figured out how to navigate down the chain of interfaces to devices to blocks to whatever else is between me and the data I'm trying to get and now that I can read the parameters, I want to be able to write them.  I took my best guess, but when I call the FF write block object (by name), the vi generates some internal error for which there is no description.  I've attached a picture of the code.  Anyone know what I'm missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,692 Views)

Hi,

You should use the FF Encode.vi to convert data instead of the String to Byte Array.vi.

encode.PNG

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim12345678

The code is fine.  The problem is the MODE_BLK setting has to have a bit toggled for the device to accept changes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim12345678

Have to set the mode block to allow writing.

Jim12345678_0-1600805530089.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,853 Views)

Nested stacked sequence structures?  If a developer wanted to murder you, I'd hand him a stapler.  That would guarantee a painful death.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 5
(1,840 Views)