From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set the line spacing when using the Append Text Table to Report VI?

I have a table of numbers which I wish to print using the report generation VI's. Since each column has a different numerical format, I first convert the number for each cell to a string with the appropriate format and then build a string array to pass to the Append Text Table to Report VI. The table is printed with double line spacing. How do I reset this for single spacing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,143 Views)
If you could post a version of your VI that's saved in V6.0 format, I'll take a look at it...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,143 Views)
I would also suggest you submit either your subVIs so that we can run your application, or post a VI that does not use any non-standard VIs so that all of us can run the application. If there is a bug, then we can send in this smaller VI as an example to R&D.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,143 Views)
Randy:

I have modified the VI to only use internal VI's. I have also set it up with dummy data and removed the two global variables.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,143 Views)
Dave,

The issue is not with the NI-Reports functionality, but the Array to Spreadsheet String funvtion in the for loop. Here is the context help for this function:

"Converts an array of any dimension to a table in string form, containing tabs separating column elements, a platform-dependent EOL character separating rows, and, for arrays of three or more dimensions, headers separating pages."

The thing to note here is that it says it adds an EOL (end of line) character at the end of every row. This is what is happening. Your first column of data has a \r\n in it and adds the second row to each data item. This in turn makes the rest of the columns have a larege blank space at the bottom so that all of the cell heights are equal. I w
ould re-write that little bit of code so that you just do one large string concatenation of number, spaces, number, spaces, number and this should solve your issue.

Thank you for using the Developer Zone Discussion Forums.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,143 Views)
I was wondering if that might be the problem...

Mike..

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,143 Views)