From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you send programs to your customers?

Solved!
Go to solution

This is actually a follow up to previous question that I should have asked.  Many of you must be sending out stand alone programs to your cust. 

Do your cust have any issue with either the size of your programs or if sending link to run time engine, issue with have to sign up an account with NI?

Just checking to be sure not looking at this the wrong way.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,970 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amazed

I post mine on my FTP site and each customer has his own login/password.  For those who can't get FTP access, I post on the web for them.  Eventually, I plan to move to a more friendly web interface which will make it much easier for all involved.  I pack everything into an installation package for them when I am done.  Assuming the customer already has the RTE and drivers installed, I will proved small installers (EXE only) to test updates and bug fixes, then will upload the full installer when everything is done.

I tend to avoid asking customers to get anything unless I am overseas without good internet.  You're just asking for trouble.  Also, if NI ever changes the link location, they might not be able to find it next time.  I do find the whole process a tad annoying, but in the end I don't want to have to go looking for what was used for a particular project.  RTE is easy to figure out.  Trying to figure out what version of drivers you had installed on your system several years ago could be a problem.

I prefer to give them an entire package that I KNOW was working when released.

Message 2 of 3
(1,968 Views)

Thankyou Matthew.

Very much appreciate your advice.

j

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,943 Views)