From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get volume names in Labview 7.0/Windows XP?

I've seen the post on how to get the drive letters using the "List.vi" with a blank path. I've also seen the example code using the windows API to get the volume information, but the "name" does not return in Labview 7.0 Windows XP. Is there a simple way to get the names of the drives attached to the computer?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,972 Views)
Here is a vi that returns the volume name and serial number of drive c. You can modify it to get names of other drives by modifying the command line to System Exec.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 2 of 4
(2,967 Views)

how to get information about the RAMDISK( RAM converted to hard disk) using this VI?

I am not able to find command for it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,484 Views)

@LV_user1 wrote:

how to get information about the RAMDISK( RAM converted to hard disk) using this VI?

I am not able to find command for it.

The suggestions above don't work?  I would've expected it to look just like any other drive, because that's what it's emulating.  That brings up an interesting question that I've never explored before.  What about other kinds of virtual drives?  Would it, for example, show a substituted drive?  Hmmm... very interesting!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,471 Views)