LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the polar plot VI's to work correctly?

I have the data in a file and can see the correct data when placed on a smith chart, but not on the polar plot. It looks like it is mirrored on the Polar plot.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,348 Views)
There are a couple of examples hat come with LabVIEW that might help you. They can be found under Help >> Examples >> Advanced >> Picture Control >> "Polar Plot" and "Simple Smith Plot". As a way of comparing the two different plots, I had them plot the same data points. It looks like if you have a lot of data points with a lot variability then you want to use the Polar Plot. The following webpage may provide some infor regarding smith plots:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/nidzgloss.nsf/webmain/80EC3CE5F229DB818625686A0078B8D9?OpenDocument

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,348 Views)
Thanks for the input. I had looked at them, but there is very little documentation that goes with the examples. I did find the problem that I was having though. I did not get the data formatted correctly. When you use the built in functions to convert the complex value to polar it does it in radians. I did not catch this right off the bat. Multiply the value by 57.290 and you get the degree valus, which the polar plot needs.
Thanks for the link.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,348 Views)