LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you activate a document programmatically?

I would like to open a MSWord document (or any document for that matter), within LabView while the program is executing, to allow the user access to updated information concerning the setup or procedure for a particular test the operator may be performing.  I have created an ActiveX container referencing the document and am able to open/edit while LabView is stopped, but ideally, I would like to open the document programmatically, via command button, for example.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,354 Views)
It's hard to tell without seeing your code or knowing more about the architecture you are using.  For starters,  a quick and simple structure is to have the control which will open the  document handled by an event structure which is in a while loop.  For further advice, you should post your code if possible.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,337 Views)
I recently posted a VI on the LAVA forums that is a Dialog box consisting of an Internet Explorer ActiveX compoenent and some OK / Cancel buttons.

You can load any type of IE compatible file (including .DOC, HTM, JPG, GIF, etc) or a URL. You can also open PDFs or AutoCAD DXF and DWGs if you install the appropriate plugin.

See this LAVA post...

IE_HTML_Dialog.vi

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)