LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we debug lvlibp which is involved by a .exe file

When I debug a debug-enabled lvlibp which is called by a source code A, I can set breakpoint in a *.lvlibp:VI and the breakpoint is valid. But the breakpoint is invalid when I build the source code A to A.exe. It seems like that a copy of lvlibp is running. How do I debug the lvlibp file which is involved by a executable file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Operate->Debug Application Or Shared Library...

That will open up a dialog allowing you to connect to an application to debug it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,321 Views)

@悟啊呀呀 wrote:

When I debug a debug-enabled lvlibp which is called by a source code A, I can set breakpoint in a *.lvlibp:VI and the breakpoint is valid. But the breakpoint is invalid when I build the source code A to A.exe. It seems like that a copy of lvlibp is running. How do I debug the lvlibp file which is involved by a executable file.

Thanks!

You should not be debugging a packed library!  in fact it should have been documented and the test artifacts should trace the requirements to whatever requirements are met by the PPL!  

That being said, what Version of LabVIEW is used?  Some changes have been made to names recently when building PPLs. (still trying to understand all of them myself) a Nugget would be nice

\/\/\/\/\/\

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,297 Views)

Hi, crossrulz. It's worked! Thank you!

May I ask you another question?

When I run the application debug mode, I can open the block diagram to trace my problem. How can I open a VI which is called dynamically by its path? Now, I have to open the Tools->Profile->Performance and memory to find the VI I needed. Do you have any convenient way?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,284 Views)