LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get NI-DAQmx for Labview 2011 sp1 when i also have Labview 2014 sp1

I am trying to find some vi's that are located in the DAQmx library for LabVIEW 2011 SP1 but i also have LabVIEW 2014 SP1. How do get the DAQmx library for LabVIEW 2011 sp1?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,136 Views)

The various releases of DAQmx were set up to work with versions up to 3 years back, so if you install DAQmx version 14.x it should install all of the VIs for both LabVIEW 2014 and 2011.

However, it doesn't do this retroactively if you've already installed DAQmx first and then install an older LabVIEW version second.  So you may need to uninstall whatever version of DAQmx you have, then install LabVIEW 2011 and/or 2014, then reinstall DAQmx with version 14.x.

If you also happen to have any more recent versions of LabVIEW (2015/2016) installed, you're probably out of luck in getting all of your versions to work at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,118 Views)

What is your DAQmx version?

They remove old LabVIEW version support, DAQmx 16 supports LVs 2013-2016.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,107 Views)

Looking through my system files, i only found NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx Base and both look like they are for Labview 15. 

I don't think NI-DAQmx Base is the same thing as NI-DAQmx(?) and i  have not been able to locate a file that just says DAQmx with just the vi's inside. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,098 Views)

This is the DAQmx 14 installer I was referring to:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.1/4953/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,093 Views)

It says that I already have that installed but I cannot find where it is. do you know where it normally installs it?

Also, I need version 9.6.1 and when i go to install it, it says that a more recent version exist and it is unable to install. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,077 Views)

If you go to the control panel, open the "Uninstall or change a program" window under "Programs and Features".  One of the entries will be "National instruments software".  Double click on that and you should get a long list of NI software, and you can choose individual bits to uninstall.

It may indeed say you already have it, but it's saying that for 2014.  If you uninstall it and reinstall it, it should work for both 2011 and 2014 (use the "custom" option when installing to verify that it's installing into both versions of LabVIEW).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,070 Views)

9.6.1 won't work with 2014 so you won't be able to use it with both.

You'll want to follow the advice you've been given so far.

If you install and it says nothing is there to install, make sure you've included the support for the two LV versions.

Ultimately, you'll want to consider creating a VM for the older software stack so you don't have so much of an issue with conflicting versions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,062 Views)

Ok i am at the point where i am at the custom install for NI-DAQ-mx 14.1 but the downloader doesn't let me select the support for any of the Labview versions (14,13, 12 and 11). Any idea why it would be saying that?

@Kyle97330 wrote:

If you go to the control panel, open the "Uninstall or change a program" window under "Programs and Features".  One of the entries will be "National instruments software".  Double click on that and you should get a long list of NI software, and you can choose individual bits to uninstall.

It may indeed say you already have it, but it's saying that for 2014.  If you uninstall it and reinstall it, it should work for both 2011 and 2014 (use the "custom" option when installing to verify that it's installing into both versions of LabVIEW).

@Kyle97330 wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,045 Views)

It sounds to me that you have stumbled into LabVIEW Version Hell.  The safest way out with the least amount of work is the following:

1. Go to Control Panel, find National Instruments Software, and Uninstall Everything!
  2. Reboot.
  3. If possible, install only one version of LabVIEW (2014, in your case).  If you must install more than one, install the oldest first, rebooting between installations.
  4. I recommend installing Device Drivers last, preceeded by a reboot.

If that fails, the surest (but most painful) path to success has the following as its first step -- reformat the hard drive.  I've had to do this at least once (after three days of trying less drastic fixes) ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,024 Views)