From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i convert x-axis label from "sample #" to time in microseconds relative to x=t=0 microseconds? (with known acquisition rate)

I have acquired data and stored to a file. Upon reading back the information and graphing it, the default x-axis label is the sample number. I wish to convert these sample numbers into a microsecond ammount of time since the beginning of acquisition, which is t=0. I have also stored the acquisition rate with the file. I can not seem to accomplish this without affecting the range of the graph which skews my display. Is there an easy way to accomplish this that I am not aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,290 Views)
Your problem can be solved by several ways I think. Different people have different ideas. Now your problem is you want to change the appearance of your X scales in your graph right. You right click your graph in your front panel.
>>X-scale
>>>formatting
Then you can do what you want. You can change to sci-notation,eng-notation. I think you get what I mean and hope this work and if not forgive me.
Regards,
Saw Naing Aye
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,290 Views)
To do it programatically, create a property node of the graph and then select Range.XScale.Multiplier. Make the property write and wire your acquisition rate to it. If you autoscaling the X scale, the display range shouldn't change since it's just a text change but you may need to change the format of the x scale in order to display floating point numbers.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,290 Views)
Thank you so much! Using your idea I was able to make it work for me, namely, when I read in a graph, I set the X axis to auto scale, then set formatting and X0=0 and dX=1+(1/scan rate) and this represents the X axis in seconds for me.
Thanks again!
Josh
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,290 Views)