From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do change UI during run time?

Solved!
Go to solution

Manual mode ONManual mode ONPID mode ONPID mode ON

I have a toggle that switches between PID and manual modes. When it's in the manual mode, I want certain displays to go away so as not to distract the user with irrelevant info. All this should happen while the program is running.

Can I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,141 Views)

Create property nodes for the controls you want to hide and set their visible state to false. Set it to true when you want them to appear again.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,136 Views)

I might use a tab control.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MyLord

All Front Panel Controls and Indicators have a Boolean property called "Visible".  The easiest (and least "messy") way to get the Property Node is to right-click on the Control or Indicator in the Block Diagram and choose "Create", then "Property Node".  Click the little selector at the bottom of the Node, find "Visible", right-click the Node and change to "Change to Write" or "Change All to Write" (by default, the node is in "Read" mode, the connector is on the right, and you want the connector on the left so you can "write", or set, it), and wire "T" or "F" to make the Control Visible or not.  An "invisible" control is not affected by clicking on the Front Panel.

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,133 Views)

I would also consider a tab control. If you are using the property nodes, remember to only call them when their input changes and not with every iteration of the top-level loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,061 Views)