LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I write to a digital group containing a few pins from different ports?

I was going to use the group config and group write VI's but these take only port numbers as their inputs. And I don't want to write data to the entire port. I need to create a group that contains a few lines from different ports (e.g. port0line1, port1line0, etc)
I know I can set up each pin individually using port config but I was hoping to set up a group because I'm reading the port and line numbers from a spreadsheet and would like to input them directly to some sort of group config vi. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,344 Views)

The only way I am aware of to do this in the manner you describe is by use of a virtual group, unfortunately, you will have to create this yourself.

The way I would suggest that you do this is to mask out the channels you don't want changed, and 'setup' your 'group' accordingly. You can make this a flexible function, to allow for other formats.

I do wonder why you would want to do this, rather than grouping the individual DIOs logically.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,344 Views)
Hello;

None of the NI DAQ boards allow one to set a group containing digital lines from different ports. You will need to set up a mask, in a way that only the lines of interest will be read/written, but you will need to set up a group whith all the ports that contain the lines of interest and mask those up.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,344 Views)