LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use a daq analog input value to output a voltage based on if/then statements?

I am the first one here to start using labview and am not familiar with any of it. I am pressed for time and need simple solutions to accquire two analog signals from turbidimeters in volts and use them to turn an alum pump on or off in order to automate a pilot water treatment plant. If someone could correspond with me via email or instant messaging, I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I recognize the power of labview but have been tinkering with it for a week now and have no luck producing results. I do not know if there is already a VI out there that does this, but that would be a tremendous help. Again, someone to correspond with would be the ideal solution.

Thank
s,
Jack
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,183 Views)
Basically the job isn't very difficult. All you have to do is use the built-in comparison fucntions to generate a logic level based on the value of the meter output. This boolean value (a green wire on the diagram) can drive the selector input of a case structure. In the case structure you put the code to turn the pump on or off as needed.

Contact me directly at mporter@arielcorp.com and I can give you more details if you need them or have more questions.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,183 Views)