From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off but not remove all breakpoints?

Hi,

I have several breakpoints in my LabView program and after having made changes to hopefully get it right I want to turn them off and allow it to run all the way through without stopping.

I don't want to remove them in case there are still problems so I can turn them back on and run it again.

So is there a way to turn all breakpoints on/off collectively?

Thanks,
Dave.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,065 Views)
It's a bit of a kludge but you can put a case structure around each of the breakpoints and tie an enable/disable global boolean to the case control inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,057 Views)
Thanks - I'll try that if things get really desperate.

Cheers,
Dave.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,028 Views)
Switch off the 'Allow debugging' feature (under 'VI Properties...->Execution'. The breakpoints are still there (and can be saved with the VI) but the VI doesn't stop at the breaks.
You have to do it for each VI or write a tool to switch the feature off programatically (and switch it back on later). Maybe someone has written such a tool...

-Franz
Message 4 of 7
(3,024 Views)
hi

good idea franz!

there's a property of the Application object which returns the names of all vis in memory. make a for-loop over the names, open a reference to the vi (using the name) and set the property franz talked about. i hope this property can be set during runtime!

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 5 of 7
(3,010 Views)
If you don't mind giving up execution highlighting as well, then this would seem to be a reasonable solution. I've attached a VI that will do as Franz has suggested. It seems to work well enough but it was quickly thrown together so it may not be 100% bulletproof.
Message 6 of 7
(3,003 Views)

@alkazaa wrote:
Switch off the 'Allow debugging' feature (under 'VI Properties...->Execution'. The breakpoints are still there (and can be saved with the VI) but the VI doesn't stop at the breaks.
You have to do it for each VI or write a tool to switch the feature off programatically (and switch it back on later). Maybe someone has written such a tool...

-Franz

Thanks, I'll try it.

Dave.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,946 Views)