From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I trigger on any one of several channels meeting a trigger condition?

I am acquiring three vector signals that have to be resolved into a single signal once acquired. The problem is that I cannot guarantee the presence of any particular signal - so I have to trigger on any of channel 0,1,2 being above the trigger level.
I could do this the hard way - analyze on the fly and take control - but I was wondering if there is a simple way to configure the DAQ modules to do this.
The docs say that you can have several AI_Reads each to trigger on different conditions...
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Hello;

Unfortunately, you can't do that. The triggering task will alwyas look either at the first channel of the channels list or at PFI0 and compare with the trigger requirements. Since that is done by hardware, and there is only one comparison circuitry, you can have only one analog hardware triggering analysis by task.
Regards
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,360 Views)
But how about using the software analog trigger? That is when it is the AI Read that it scans for trigger conditions - and it is from the docs of that VI that I found a brief mention that it can re-scan...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,360 Views)