cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I suppress the I/O window?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am sending a lot of small data packets via USB and everytime LabView reads or writes something, the I/O windows pops up. This is annoying me, is there any way to turn it off?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,794 Views)

I have no idea what you mean by I/O window. Attach your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,781 Views)

Good morning,

The standard input/output window of LabView. The 'X' in the top right corner is greyed out, so one can't close it, only minimize. But everytime data is sent or received, it jumps right back to its prior position.

Attachinng code isn't possible, because I call an external dll to communicate via USB. Maybe this is the problem?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,750 Views)

Sounds to me like your VI settings are incorrect.  For your IO Popup, Change the Window Appearance settings so that Show Front Panel When Called is unchecked.  For your grayed out "X", make sure allow user to close window is checked.

Customize Window Appearance.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,736 Views)

@Pedro89 wrote:

Good morning,

The standard input/output window of LabView. The 'X' in the top right corner is greyed out, so one can't close it, only minimize. But everytime data is sent or received, it jumps right back to its prior

What "standard" input/output window of LabVIEW? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure the DLL you're calling isn't doing this? Especially since you said it happens when you send/receive data, which you do with the DLL.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,733 Views)

@Pedro89 wrote:

Good morning,

The standard input/output window of LabView. ... 

Regards,

Pedro

Please post a jpg image of the "standard input/output window ".

I, like Saverio have never seen the "standard input/output window ".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,728 Views)

As far as I know there is no "standard input/output window" in Labview.

Probably the pop-up is due to the DLL.

What's the USB device you are writing/reading from? And the DLL?

As already pointed out, a  screenshot would be helpful.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,721 Views)

Hey everyone,

thanks for your efforts so far. Sadly, it did not help. Through customize window appearance, I can only change the VI itself, which already is set to being closeable.

I attached a screenshot of this I/O-window and am almost certainly sure that is has something to do with that DLL I am invoking, since nobody of you has experienced similar occurences.

Regards,

Pedro

EDIT: The device is a HID in developement, can't say more about that, since it is not on the market yet, sorry. The DLL is a HID api, with a wrapper made by a colleague of mine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pedro89

Talk to your buddy about that.

That looks like the standard I/O window for C where things like "printf" show-up durring trouble shooting.

I don't think it can be killed in a straight forward manner from LV without having to resort to using Window system calls to get a handle to the window and hiding same.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,711 Views)

Thanks for all the input. I'll have a talk with him and see, if we/he can fix that.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,700 Views)