From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I store an array of strings in Excel?

I made a coding that reads the temperature with a Digital Thermometer, graphs it in the front panel, and saves it in Excel.

Originally, only the elapsed time and temperature are arrayed in numeric form and connected to write to the measurement file. The dynamic data is automatically converted and saved in Excel.

However, I think it would be more effective to put the time of reading the temperature rather than the elapsed time, so I want to display all three arrays of the current time, elapsed time, and temperature in Excel. He said,,

How can I store these string arrays in Excel?

I would like to display the array as it appears in the front panel in Excel. Please advise!block.JPGfrontpanel.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,953 Views)

Hi seongmo1476,

Have a look at my answers in this thread and see if they help you.  In particular, I show how to define an Excel worksheet range and write a 2D array to that range using literal formatting for strings.

Reply here if you need any further guidance.

PsyenceFact

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,939 Views)

There's an interesting "Revised Excel Example" posted on the Forums six years ago that shows a number of techniques for using the Report Generation Toolkit (you should replace the deprecated "New Report" function with "Create Report", of course).  If you have Table entries that are Arrays of Strings, simply write them as Arrays of Strings.  The Excel Easy Table is pretty easy to use -- the only "trick" is that the data must be a 2D array, so if you want to write a row with three Strings, one per column, pass the 1D array through a Build Array to make it a 2D array, like this:

Easy Table.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,911 Views)