From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I split signals?

I am using the DAQ input to bring in four analog signals.  Each signal goes through some mathematical operations specific to the signal.  My problems are these:
1. when I split the signals to perform the operations, they do not correspond to a single channel.  Sometimes they switch around and one of the channels is getting lost entirely. 
2. My BNC 2110 is not collecting the same values that I see with a regular voltmeter.
I would appreciate any help I can get!!
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,892 Views)

Are you using DAQ Assistant and are you trying to split DDT ( dynamic data type) signals??

If yes, use the split signal function ifound at Functions>> Express functions>>signal manipulations>> Split signal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,873 Views)
How did you split the signals? Did the Split Signal function suggested above help? Also, what sort of values are you getting when reading from the BNC 2110? And, what's the expected reading?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,856 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me!!

I first used a dynamic data wire which didn't work, and then I indexed each of the signals and used 15 precision data type wiring.  The signals are still jumping around.  One of the values is supposed to be in teh 10^-3 range, and the other three should be between 0 and 10.  Right now the tiny signal is relatively large and the other three are minuscule and varying at a much faster rate than the physical conditions would be doing.

Any solutions?

THANKS!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,837 Views)
Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your block diagram?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,812 Views)