LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set Heading Rows Repeat on a multipage Word table?

I have been experimenting with the property and invoke nodes, but I haven't hit on the correct combination. I would like to include the column headers automatically in a multi page Word table. The command that does it manually from Word is Heading Rows Repeat. Usually anything that can be done manually is available programatically. I am using LabVIEW 2013 SP1, with the Report Generation toolkit. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,471 Views)

Hi SciManStev,

This may not be possible, I found some information on the Microsoft site:

" NOTE   Microsoft Office Word automatically repeats table headings on new pages that result from automatic page breaks. Word does not repeat a heading if you insert a manual page break within a table."

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/repeat-a-table-heading-on-subsequent-pages-HP010036315.a...

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,446 Views)

Thank you very much!

I am not inserting page breaks, but some tables may reach 100 pages. I can easily add the Heading Rows Repeat, and it adds the column headers on every page.  For myself, I don't mind adding them manually, but i had wanted to make things easier for others generating the same reports, or it would have been great information for future reports.

You did give me a clue though. Perhaps I can create some sort of automatic page break, and Word will just add the column names to each page.

Even if this is not possible, I thank you very much for your responce!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)

You're welcome! I think using automatic page breaks might do the trick for you.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,434 Views)