LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send the analog output through printer port?

How to send the analog output through printer port?

How to receive analog input through printer port?

I am having laptop is there any way to acquire data directly  through any other port other than printer port ?

i don want to achieve the above througn daq....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,717 Views)

You can't.

There are some functions that allow you to access the inputs and outputs of a printer port.  But that only gives you digital inputs and outputs.  There are no analog inputs or outputs.

You need a DAQ device.  There are several inexpensive DAQ devices that connect through USB, both from NI and from other vendors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,711 Views)

Why would you go and post the same question in a new message thread when you were already given the answer hereSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,710 Views)

thanx yar i am new user to ni discussion forum thats y......

i contacted ni tech support ......my doubts are cleared now...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,688 Views)

can i access usb port using ni visa driver for sending and receiving digital signal.?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,677 Views)

Your question was already answered in your other thread.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,671 Views)

i just read about ni visa driver i cant understand what is the use of it.......

it is used to access usb device means then why cant we access usb ports...

if i misunderstood about ni visa driver then clarify me regarding ni visa

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,667 Views)

NI-VISA isn't going to change what you can and cannot do with a USB port. Software isn't going to fix a hardware limitation.

As far as what NI-VISA is: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/266526277DFF74F786256ADC0065C50C and http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/87E52268CF9ACCEE86256D0F006E860D

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,664 Views)

You seem to lack basic knowledge about computer hardware. See this for an introduction to USB.

If you truly want to use a USB port, you will either have to buy a device that plugs into a port or design your own hardware that will plug in. A port that is not connected to hardware specifically designed for USB communication is not useable. You have been told this several times but refuse to listen. Stop posting quesitons if you are not going to pay any attention to what the answers are.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,657 Views)

I may be lack of computer hardware knowledge, because basically I am mechanical engineering student. I need labview to turn my idea into working model...

And if u r in some position to clear doubts this is not a correct way to answer....Even if the person is not having sufficient knowledge u just try to make them understand the things by showing a right way...But u cannot refuse them to ask question......

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,643 Views)