LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send HP PCL Printer Control Language to my networked HP Laser Jet Printer using LabView?

I have an application using HP VEE that performs testing on 8 units, one unit at a time, at three different temperatures. After a test is done the program does a print screen to output the panel results to the printer. Then it does the next test and so on until that unit is done testing at that temperature. Then it repeats the tests for the remaining seven units at that same temperature. The test data just gets stacked on top of the previous unit's data at the printer. Then it repeats all this at two more temperatures. We end up with quite a stack of paper that needs to be manually sorted through.

What I want to do is get a HP 8150N Laser Jet printer that
has 8 different output mailboxes. I will designate one unit to one of the mailboxes. The printer will be a network printer. So now when I do the print screen command I need to communicate with the printer using PCL Printer Command Syntax within my VEE program to direct the print job to that unit's corresponding mailbox.

I haven't bought the printer yet until I knew this was going to work. I thought I would try to communicate with an HP5000 Laser jet first. I set up a VEE program that uses To File "LPT1". I send the PCL command "ESC(579L" to set the fonts to Wingdings. Then I use the To Printer function to send some text. I would expect the text to be printed in the Wingdings font. This doesn't seem to work. I was told that with HP VEE I can't do this. I was wondering if I can create a LabView .exe that will do this then I can just execute it from HP VEE. Also I am going to use a networked printer so it won't be LPT1 port #10 using a Serial Port Write.vi

Platform Windows 95/98
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,455 Views)
test
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,455 Views)