LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select a suitable hardware for my application

Solved!
Go to solution
How do I select a suitable hardware for my application. I am expecting a generic answer which will suit all scenarios.  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,510 Views)

cooldude wrote:
How do I select a suitable hardware for my application. I am expecting a generic answer which will suit all scenarios.  

You have to atleast tell the details about the application. Based on that gurus here will help you out. What do you mean by all scenarios?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,509 Views)
How do I come to a conclusion that whether I should go for a cRIO or Daq Card or PXI Chassis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,502 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Flamboyant

Post some details on your application.

What kinds of signals do you want to acquire?  How many?  How frequently, once a day, once a second, thousands per second, millions per second?  Do you need analog outputs or digital inputs or outputs?

Will you need any special signal conditioning like for thermocouples, strain gages, accelerometers, amplification of voltages, reduction of voltages, current loops?

Message 4 of 6
(2,496 Views)

Hi Guys,

I am working on a robotic project. The robot seems to vibrate a lot due to a dc motor spinning at 7000rpm.

I just need to get the maximum vibration frequency to buy a suitable vibration isolator. So will connecting an accelerometer directly to the digital oscilloscope and doing FFT on the signal(to obtain its frequency response) with the oscilloscope directly be good enough? Or do I need to process the signal through any other hardware(DAQ maybe) or software such as MATLAB?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,343 Views)

Your question has nothing to do with the original question of this thread.

Please post a new message thread in the LabVIEW forum.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,312 Views)