LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rotate a front panel object ( mixed signal graph) to say 90 deg clockwise

I guess I have asked this question before but didn't get any answers then. Hopefully someone has a solution this time or maybe a CAR was generated which led to a solution in laVIEW 2016? Once again, Is there a way to rotate a mixed signal graph on my front panel so that the plot area demarcators stand vertical instead of horizontal? Basically rotating the entire graph by a certain amount either in an clockwise or anti-clockwise sense?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,025 Views)

I think this is not possible directly in LabVIEW. Maybe you could customize the control and doing some tricks you could reach what you want (rotating 90 degrees is like swapping X and Y axis, and you can also swap X-Y Graph data).

Another trick you could try is to convert the control into a picture, and displaying the rotated picture in a Picture control, but often the results are ugly if you go this way (no option for vector graphic)...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,992 Views)
Yeah. That's about the same points I have seen in previous/old threads. I am referring to a mixed signal graph though so I am not sure how swapping X and Y would work. Can you explain that with respect to a mixed signal graph?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,981 Views)

Hi,

I mentioned some ideas below. Hoping any one solution might help you... Smiley Happy

1) Use XY graph and transpose X and Y.
2) Use Picture control version of XY chart and hack away (these are
included as example under chart and graphs)
3) Graph to a "off-screen" indicator and periodicly use an invoke node
to grab the image.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,980 Views)