LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reboot the RT engine using "RT Reboot Controller"?

I'm trying to reboot the rt engine programatically using the RT Reboot Controller vi. It requires inputs of the system location and the MAC address. I got the MAC address from MAX set it as a string constant and wired it to the RT Reboot Controller vi. I got an Error 56.

When I use the RT Ping Controllers vi and get the MAC address from there, rebooting works fine. The MAC address is a string type, but the characters are in binary or something. How can I get RT Reboot Controller.vi to work without using RT Ping Controller?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,840 Views)
Hello coreyGN,
I had the same problem with this VI, so instead, I used the attached one. All it requires is the FP controller IP address.
Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,834 Views)
Thanks, but I don't have a FieldPoint controller. I'm using a PC (Dell Gx270). Is there something for a PC?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Sorry Corey,

I had a look for other examples. The example at this link does not work but it is made for PXI controllers (which your system falls under i think).
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.DISPLAY_EPD4?p_guid=B45EACE3ECF756A4E034080020E74861&p_node=174824&p_submitted=N&p_rank=&p_answer=&p_source=External

You could also try to force the watchdog timer to expire and reboot the controller as your expiration action.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)