From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read unscale/raw data

Hi all,

I'm using LV 6i and NI6070. I would like to read unscaled signal rather than scale. Anyone can help? Which mean unscaled (from 0-65536). Someone pls kindly advise. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,626 Views)
If you right click on AI Read (for example), you have the option of Select Type>Binary Array. All of the higher level DAQ functions are polymorphic but not all have the binary option. You do however, have the option of editing any that you want and creating a version that does do a binary read. Just save it in a new location and under a different name.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,611 Views)
Hi Dennis,

you mean once I right click and change to binary, I'm able to see from my waveform at the Y-axis ( reads 0 - 65534)?? But I'm using AI one point for my program. Can you pls guide me??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,602 Views)
Open AI Sample Channels (AI One Pt). Delete the waveform or 1D SGL indicator. You might have either depending on whether you've selected single-point wavform or scaled array. Go to the diagram. Right click on AI Read One Scan and Select Type>Binary Array. Right click on the output and select Create Indicator. Go to the front panel and connect the binary array indicator to the connector pane. Save the VI as a new new and in a new location.
The output is now an I16 array with values between -32768 and 32767.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,588 Views)
Hi Dennis,

I'm really sorry to trouble you.However I don quite get what you mean.I attached my vi, and pls take a look.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,573 Views)
Why don't you at least try to do what I said. I don't have the ability to save as 6.0 right now.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,558 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Don get angry. I tried but it doesnt work out. You can save in LV 7. I can open in LV 7. When I do what you said, no signal was detected at all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,553 Views)
Message 8 of 14
(3,551 Views)
Hi Dennis,

I tried redrawing into LV 6i. However I'm not able to connect the AI one pt o/p to any waveform. There is no connecting point fr the output of AI one pt. Can you advise me on this?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,533 Views)
Ho dennis,

I solve the problem alredi. Thanks so much. Pls pandan me as I'm super super new to labview.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,531 Views)