LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read data from memory on the host PC that is being written by another program

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post. 

I am very new to LabView and I have only just completed Core 1 and Core 2 with no prior LabView experience. 

I have a SilconSoftware frame grabber with an FPGA board on it to capture and pre-process images from a CamerLink sensor. The FPGA has been programmed to output a 64 bit image using DMA to the host PC, and I know the address of the Image. The image consists of two pixels, I would like to read the pixels in LabView so I can decode the information. 

How can I do this? 

Thank you _KAL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _KAL
I am not familiar with this particular hardware, but the easiest way is if the camera is compatible with IMAQ. Alternatively, does the vendor provide a DLL for accessing images?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,658 Views)

Okay, so I wasnt very clear. 

The 64bit image out (1 pixel by 2 pixels) has data encoded into the pixel value, it is not an image I want to view. 

Eg

The first pixel of the (1 pixel by 2 pixels) image contains a 64 bit number: 3411507556003349746.

If you convert the number on the 0 - 15 bit of this number to binary and then to decimal it will output a number that is a coordinate in x on the image captured by the Camer Link camera. 

If you convert the number on the 15 - 31 bit of this number to binary and then to decimal it will output another number that is a coordinate in x on the image captured by the Camer Link camera. 

If you convert the number on the 31 - 47 bit of this number to binary and then to decimal it will output a number that is a coordinate in y on the image captured by the Camer Link camera. 

If you convert the number on the 47 - 63 bit of this number to binary and then to decimal it will output a number that is another coordinate in y on the image captured by the Camer Link camera. 

Appologies if this isnt very clear? So I can get access to the memory loaction of this 1 pixel by 2 pixel data, can I access it in LabView knowing the memory address? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,648 Views)