LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I read all 8 counters on PXI-6602 nearly simultaneously?

I need to be able to read all 8 counters on the 3 PXI-6602 boards nearly simultaneously. I've attempted to use the Multiple Counter vi's (such as Multiple Counter Group Config.vi) but unfortunately, I can't seem to configure all eight counters on a given 6602 for edge counting.
Is this a limitation of the hardware or am I missing something? I've tried this example http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/abc2de0382fb157a86256ad90068986e?OpenDocument
but to no avail.
Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,311 Views)
Hello,

Are you able to read from 2 counters using these VI? I just ran the Event Count (multiple counters).vi on my PCI-6070E. Because this card only has 2 counters, I had to set my counter list to contain 0 and 1 only. I also had to delete the second Multi-Counter Set Attribute.vi because I did not have counters 3 and 4 available. The last thing I modified was the PFI number. I had to set this to a valid value for my device. After I did this, I was able to read both counters simultaneously. See if you are able to use this VI with your 6602. If you cannot read from all 8 counters try 2 counters.

Let me know your results.

Sincerely,
Sean C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,292 Views)