LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I programmatically get information about license status from the VLM

Hi

I want to make a Labview program, that can check the license status for the current user.

Is it possible to call the NI License Manger from Labview, and get the license status programmatically?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,824 Views)

Hi,

Have you tryed using System Exec to programmatically call the NI Licence Manager executables in the command line interface?

You can find the executables at <National Instruments>\Shared\License Manager\Bin\. More information on what you could use:
NI VLM Using Command Line Interface Options
NI Volume License Manager (VLM) Usage Log Tools

Best regards,

Rares C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,818 Views)

The Labview program shall run on the client machine (testmachine), not on the VLM server machine.

I have tried to call some of the exefiles to the local license manager [C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Bin] with -help, but no respons.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,802 Views)

LabVIEW checks your licence status automatically every time you launch it.

We are on a VLM here and the server is actually at another facility two miles away from our facility.

If the link between facilities fails I can not launch LabVIEW because it says I have no valid licence.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,780 Views)

If the link to the VLM is lost, we have 14days.

I want to use the license infomation to determine the user privileges in TestStand.

If the user have a developer license, then can the user makes changes.

If the user only have a runtime license, then can the user only execute the testsequence.

So if i can make a little labview program to get the license infomation, then can i put it in the FrontEndCallbacks in TestStand to control the user privileges.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,711 Views)