LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I program Instrument I/O Assistant to read a variable in the input string?

How do I program the Instrument I/O Assistant to read a variable in the input string? I can manually type in the string using the Instrument I/O Assistant using the "Write" or "Query" tools but I do not know how to send a variable input to the Instrument I/O Assistant so that variable can be used inside the "Write" string. For example, I have a power supply whose current I want to set to X Amps. I can type the command "PC10" to program the current to 10 Amps, however I want to be able to program it at any arbitrary current. How do I feed the value X into the code for this purpose?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,485 Views)
You can't. The assistant was designed to be a quick and dirty way to do some basic communication with an instrument. You can turn it into a VI (right click and select Open Front Panel) and modify it so that your write string is an input to the VI or use it as a template and create your own code with VISA Read and Write primatives.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,481 Views)
This is a popular request; we are working on this for a future release of the Instrument I/O Assistant.

Steven H.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,471 Views)

Was this ever implemented in new releases?

Message 4 of 4
(2,170 Views)