LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pass an array of clusters as a parameter to a TestStand sequence?

Hello everyone,

I've put together a VI that remotely executes a TestStand sequence by looking at the API examples that TestStand comes bundled with. That works without issue and I can run a simple sequence from top to bottom.

Now, I've begun modifying the VI to pass an array of cluster data to TestStand's IEngine.NewExecution function.

To do this I:
Create a new array of clusters using IEngine.NewProperty.
Set the size of the array using PropertyObject.SetNumElements

And for every index I:
Index the array using PropertyObject.SetSubPropertyIndex

Write values to the index using PropertyObject.SetValWhatever (where "Whatever" is the appropriate datatype I'm writing to).

However, I get an error whenever I index the array:

Error -17301 occurred at Specified property index '-1' is not valid. Index must be between 0 and 18446744073709551615 in RunTestSequenceWithParams.vi->RunTestSequence.vi

I'm hoping someone could review my block diagram and TestStand parameter configuration and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I have tried many different things and the most useful information I've been able to find has been here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9KLSA0&l=en-US

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,172 Views)

Hi cslowa,

As this thread wasn't touched for a long time, are you still experiencing the issue, or did you find a solution?

If you're still struggling with your issue attach also the sequence file and a .vi so members of the forum can help you faster.

Best,

Patrik
CTA, CLA
Helping (sharing) is caring!

If the post was helpful - Kudo it.
If the post answered your question - Mark it as Solution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,038 Views)

I'm getting "[Error Code: -17313, Could not accept the parameter passed in.]". But the values are available in the TestStand sequence variable.  Cluster1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,929 Views)

@Callahan177 wrote:

I'm getting "[Error Code: -17313, Could not accept the parameter passed in.]". But the values are available in the mysubwaycard TestStand sequence variable.  Cluster1

Anyone faced this? i need proper solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,908 Views)