LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I output (a voltage) to a daq from a boolean true.

I am doing a voice recognition software program and when the program recognizes a specific word it activates a boolean indicator.
I need to output a signal preferably dc voltage to control a model car.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,497 Views)

Hi Kindred,

Search this site for VISA, "serial port", and "parallel port".

I think the signals on a PCs serial port (if it has one) are 0 or 10V (+/-?), and the parallel port signals are around 0/3.8V.  My memory is terrible, so your results may vary,  but there is a significant difference.  Anyway, its trivial to set them - once you've done your homework. Smiley Wink

Maybe this will get you started!

Cheers.

Message Edited by Dynamik on 04-26-2006 01:01 AM

When they give imbeciles handicap-parking, I won't have so far to walk!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,490 Views)
If you need to output different voltage levels depending on what boolean goes high, a simple setup as shown below would do the trick.

The Search Array looks for a True value in the boolean array and outputs the index of that element. (if none are True, it outputs a -1) This then indexes out the corresponding value from the numeric array which can then be sent to your DAQ board.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 04-26-2006 07:48 AM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,476 Views)

Could you please help me out? I am trying to use this Labview to power a LED on my NI ELVIS. Attached is my LABVIEW. I cannot get the ELVIS to power the LED no matter what I do. Basically I have a seires of TF booleans that I feed into a digital output in the hopes that each will power a different LED. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,142 Views)

Did you select a channel?  I know nothing about the ELVIS boards but I believe they should mimic a standard DAQmx device.  You have to tell the DAQ Assistant where to send the signal somehow.  Click Add Channel (the + sign) and pick a physical output if you haven't already done so.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,134 Views)