From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify the data format of a numeric meter's digital display?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've created a screen that uses numeric meters to display data.  Each meter has its digital display visible so that the user can see the level accurately.  I've modified the data format of the meter to 2-digit precision, and would like the digital display to have the same format, but there seems to be no way to do this.  The digital display is locked at 6 significant figures, which will be confusing for my users.  I know that this was possible in previous LabVIEW versions, but has somehow been lost for 8.6.1 and 2009.

I'm aware that I could do some "work-arounds" with strings, or replacing the digital displays with numeric indicators, but this is not acceptable.  How can I modify the properties of the digital display?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,552 Views)
You could always use an extra (numeric) indicator

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AEI_JR

Hi AEI_JR,

on the property dialog, where you set the display format for the meter, you will find a selector to choose between "Numeric" (default value) and "digital display"...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 5
(2,547 Views)

For example, if you would use a fill slide, it would be possible to create a property node for the digital display precision (Create -> Property Node -> Display Format -> Precision). Maybe it is possible to set that not programatically too.

What indicator exactly are you using?

Edit: Well, it seems that the question is already answered anyway 🙂

Message Edited by Giedrius.S on 02-10-2010 07:06 PM
---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,546 Views)

GerdW,

Now that you pointed it out, it's totally obvious.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,540 Views)