From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify text in a 3D scene

I am trying to display some live data inside a 3D picture. However, I just can't figure out how ot modify the text after I have added the object tot he scene. If I attempt to modify the text using the reference of the text object I created I get a message sayign teh reference is invalid (1055 I believe).

Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,639 Views)
I think you are clearing the reference before calling.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,617 Views)
Can you post a screenshot?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,616 Views)
I am not closing the reference. All I do is add the object to the scene and then it isn't available to modify anymore. Sorry I am posting form a mobile device and don't have access to the screen shot now.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,601 Views)

Hi Amit,

I was able to modify the text while the program was running.  I've attached the VI that I used.

Cheers,  

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,587 Views)

Marti,

I know this system works. However, when I use add objects to the scene as there are other graphics in the scene too, this technique no longer works.

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,564 Views)

Hi Amit,

I apologize that I did not understand your question.  It would be very helpful if you could post your example code so I could easily see what you are trying to do.  Do you  have a computer where this would be possible?

Thanks, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,552 Views)