LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I measure temperature from 4 RTDs simultaneously?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to set up a systerm that requires multiple temperature measurements. I am able to make one RTD measure. But if I mirror the same code to create two measurements, i am getting an Error - 50103 "the specified resource is reserved". I have just begun using LabVIEW, so any and all help is valuable. If there is already material available on this topic, would you direct me there please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,710 Views)
Have you looked at any of the hundreds of other posts with that error and message? To solve it, you simply use one task/DAQ Assistant with multiple channels (i.e. dev1/ai0:3).
Message 2 of 4
(2,700 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Vishwaramesh

You can have as many channels of the same type (in this case Analog Input) in a task.  So your simple solution would be to have four channels in your task.  You will also need to set your DAQmx Read to be for Multiple Channels.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,674 Views)

Yup read Multi-channel Single Sample with a single task.

That being said this won't be "simultaneous".  That implies at the same instant in time all 4 will be read.  This just won't be true without a simultaneous sampling card.  Without that card your readings will likely be fraction of a milliseconds appart and for temperature that should be more than enough.  How much can temperature change in 0.001 seconds?  But for other signal types like trying to read a phase off set in a sine wave you will need a true simultaneous sampling card.

Message 4 of 4
(2,596 Views)