From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map DIO Config to NIDAQmx?

Solved!
Go to solution

Below is a screenshot of a tiny portion of a VI created using traditional DAQ. It configures DIO Config. I'm trying to map this onto NIDAQmx. But I'm not totally understanding the configuration. Is it setting up to write one sample (of 0) every 100 nsec for 1,000 samples to a digital port? 

It seems the handshaking parameters apply only to certain DAQ devices. Which ones are these today?

Finally, it seems that the task ID is wired only to a popup-menu! Is that correct? How can it be wired like that? I don't yet know where in the bevy of VIs the task is carried out. Is it some sort of global variable?

dio config.png

dio config help.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mauricev

1. It looks like a task that will output 1000 samples at 100ns per sample.  The task is just being set up.  Nothing is being written yet.

2. Would have to look around, but they are typically the high speed DIO.

3. The task ID is being stored in a global variable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,391 Views)