LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manually step through code that uses an event structure when I want to select a particular event?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a Producer/Consumer architecture for an application with an event structure in the upper loop. Events are triggered by the user from the front panel using boolean switches that are "switch when pressed" and "switch until released". My question is how can I manually step through the code using different events? No matter what I do it always steps through the same event.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuck72352
Can you post some code? What event is it always entering? I haven't had any problems stepping through code that uses an event structure. You do need to be patient though because the application is slowed down quite a bit and it can take some time to get into the specific event case depending on what events you are processing. I usually place a break point in the event case I am interested in and run the appication as normal. Once I hit the breakpoint that is when I turn on execution highlighting.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 3
(2,240 Views)

Mark,

Putting a break point in the event case, then turning on manual execution as you suggested works.

Thank you!

Chuck M.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,233 Views)