LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make inficon xtc deposition controller work with labview?

Hi all,

I have an inficon xtc deposition controller and it works fine. We are measuring film thickness of various metals that we are depositing on our samples and everything seems ok except we can't control this device using labview. The controller has an RS-232 port at the back. I found some sample programs for the XTC/2 controller but they don't seem to work with the device. Infact my computer thinks there's nothing connected to the serial port at which this device is physically connected.

I am attaching a sample status program for the infincon xtc/2 controller for labview which I think should work for the xtc as well. I am also going to try to attach a manual that I found online but I might not be able to because the size of the file is too big.

If any body has any experience with this or can help me in anyway, I'd greatly appreciate it. Any pointers welcome as well.

-Ammar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,376 Views)

Why do you think the computer does not think anything is connected? The most that any normal software will do is to detect the com port in the pc. It is simply not possible to autodetect any serial instrument.

That VI does not make any sense. There is no configuration of the serial port and typically, you need some sort of termination character on a write. Test communication with a program such as Hyperterminal and for help, you really need to attach the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,367 Views)