From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make an XY-Graph plot points over time?

50 step values. Thanks for letting me know, just in time!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(7,191 Views)
The current is not showing a constant value. You just have the scale of the Y axis too large to show the small values that you are reading. Change the precision and the scale to match your readings.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(7,169 Views)

Ah yes! I took the Y-values off of autoscale and that's why I couldnt' read it. Now it works great. Thank you!

I was looking into combining the two columns of data I get as output so that way I could have one column for voltage, one for current. I tried the following (still using the individual outputs to verify) and got one large column with the correct voltage data and current data. My question is, how do I make this data into two columns so that I can read a column for voltage and a column for the corresponding current?

Message Edited by nano3528 on 03-16-2009 12:36 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(7,139 Views)
I have no idea what you are talking about. The only 'combination' you are doing is with the Build Array and you are definately not getting 'one large column'. You are getting two rows with multpile columns and to change that, all you have to do is transpose the array either before you pass the data or with the option of Write to Spreadsheet File.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(7,132 Views)
Ah, I had the delimiter set to '\n' instead of '\t'. Changing it back to default, I get what you were talking about. Thanks!
Message Edited by nano3528 on 03-16-2009 02:41 PM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(7,124 Views)
I think I messed up the 'write to spreadsheet' VI. I have made indicators to check the values output and I am outputting the corect values, but the write to spreadsheet just outputs a file with zeros. I deleted it and put in another 'write to speadsheet' but I think this error has somehow been set to default and I don't know how to change it.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(7,117 Views)
Seeing your previous post about changing the default terminator, tells me you modified the actual VI and did not make a copy. NEVER, EVER modify one of the VIs that ships with LabVIEW. I have no idea what modifications you may have made since you did not post the changed VI. Post the modified VI or do a repair on your LabVIEW installation.
Message 17 of 22
(7,113 Views)
It's the 'write to spreadsheet' VIs. I tried copying and pasting to the desktop, but that didn't work.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(7,110 Views)
I ran a diff with what I have for Write to Spreadsheet and what you posted and there are no differences.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(7,106 Views)
I repaired the files and now the program works. I'm not sure what happened but I'll make copies of anything from now on. Thanks for the tip!
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(7,075 Views)