From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a connection to a equipment that as a built in Telnet Server where after a proper login I have access to the needed data.

There is an add-on toolkit called the Internet Toolkit that has Telnet Vi's along with other Internet Vi's.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,506 Views)
I agree that the Internet Developers Toolkit (part of the Enterprise Connectivity Toolset under Windows) would make this easier, particularly for anyone not too familiar with TCP/IP communication.

I'll also mention that a good LabVIEW programmer willing to invest some time can create this sort of application with the standard TCP/IP VIs. The big headache when writing something like this yourself using the low-level TCP Read and Write functions is timing between client and server. You'll probably find yourself spending time developing utility routines that you could be better off buying instead.

Regards,
John Lum
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,506 Views)