LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install instrument drivers contained in LLB into Labview 8.6?

I downloaded a third party Labview driver for a temperature chamber (Watlow) and unzipped it to find it had an LLB library. I can access all the VIs through the LLB manager, but how can I take those VIs and import them into Labview so that I can then find them in my I/O instrument control Palette? Since these VIs are in an LLB, I don't know how to take them out of there and put them into labview 8.6. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Rick

Message 1 of 14
(10,100 Views)

Thanks for the response, I had already seen this article and it does not answer the question of how you actually extract the files from an LLB. I tried several different ways and none worked. This article referes to having an executable file with the drivers that installs them for you. My situation is that I don't have an executable that installs the files in the wrong directory, I simply don't have an executable and just have an LLB. Any other suggestions you can think of?

Best regards

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(10,064 Views)

When I read this KB it exactly tells me in which directories I need to copy the llb file manually, so that I have the contained VIs in my Functions Palette in LabVIEW.......

Message Edited by Christian_M on 09-30-2008 11:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(10,061 Views)

OK, I understand, I just dumped the entire LLB into the directory and it worked! I thought you somehow had to extract the files out of the LLB somehow and then place them in the directory. Thanks for your time in helping out!

Best regards,

Locktofer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(10,060 Views)

Hi, lockofer

Do you mean you just copy the original llb file to the right directory without extraction? I did that but it didn’t work. I have labview 8.2 and the operation system is windows XP.

Many Thanks

XJTUer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(8,250 Views)
Please show an expanded view of Windows Explorer of where you copied the llb. After the copy, did you restart LabVIEW? Did you try to manually add the contents to the palette?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(8,242 Views)

Hi,

I have the LLB under the .instr folder as the link says , and cand see the drivers under the Function Palette. But I am not able to connect with the instrument and when I go to Tools -->Instrumentation ---> Find Instrument drivers my instrument driver is not under the Installed Instrument Drivers and my device is not under Connnected instruments. Running Scan for Instruments has no effect. 

Tried to run an Example VI provided by the instrument manufacturer (a simple ADC example). The VI runs in continuous mode , but no error or warning reported, the ADC reading is always 0 (default value) no matter what voltage or channel I select in the ADC.

Any hint to resolve this? I understand that if the driver is installed I should see it in the Tools --> Instrumentation tab....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(8,148 Views)
Please provide the make and model of the instrument as well as the connection type. I'm not sure if the find instrument drivers will list the obsolete llb style. It also will not detect instruments connected with a serial port. If the driver is visible on your function palette, it is correctly installed.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(8,141 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to use a Diolan DL2-N USB to I2C/SPI/GPIO adapter (https://diolan.com/dln2). This manufacrures provides Labview drivers for the board as well as example VIs. I just want to use them to access to all interfaces via Labview. After that I will design a test setup for our last product line using this adapter board.

What i did:

1) Fresh install of Labview 2014 (evaluaton version). System: DELL Precision M6800 (i7) , Windows 7 Professional SP1.

2) Install NI VISA drivers and NI-488.2 drivers (14.0).

3) Install manufacturer drivers as explained in the link given in this thread.

4) Run Labview. As said, I can see instrument driver VIs under the Function Palette and run example VIs.

5) Run NI MAX. No USB ports listed. Only COM1 and LPT1 (printer port).

6) I ran some windows test apps provided by the manufacturer to access to all the interfaces of the NXP microcontroller in the DLN2. Everything works. I can read analog/digital inputs, force digital out values and use the SPI and I2C (I see the SPI/I2C frame sin a scope).

I have spent one day seeing different links in NI website (have seen almost every demo video on the site) and still are not able to guess why Labview can't see my USB device.

Any hint?

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(8,133 Views)