LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import a graphic into the icon editor?

I want to create a custom icon for my executable but I don't want to go through the tedious process of using the icon editor tools.  Are there any external graphic formats that the icon editor will accept?  I tried copying a png file to the clipboard but the icon editor does not let me paste it.  Same with jpg. Same with bmp.  Help.

Message 1 of 10
(8,360 Views)

You can do it this way:

Example.png

or you can copy the image and lick on the area that has the VI icon and clear that and past it in. I use ctrl V to paste in and it seems to always wok for me.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 10
(8,357 Views)

Or this way (I know this is not what you are after but it might be useful)

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 3 of 10
(8,350 Views)

Hmmm.  Looks llke there are two icon editors.  One is used to change the source program icon and the other is used in the build spec to create an icon for the executable.  Very confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,337 Views)

So which one are you trying to edit?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,334 Views)

I was using the icon editor in the build specification:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,328 Views)

From Google images search for *.png and the item you want, example *.png cat. When the results come in filter them by search by size exactly 32x32. When you see an image you want right-click>copy image. Open your icon editor and select edit>paste or ctrl-V.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 7 of 10
(8,322 Views)

That is an older version of LabVIEW. That is the old icon editor. The way I used to to do this was to copy (ctrl c) and paste (ctrl v).

Tim
GHSP
Message 8 of 10
(8,317 Views)

"That is an older version of LabVIEW. That is the old icon editor. "

I am running Labview 2011 Service Pack 1.

When you open a project build specification, go to icon and click on the icon editor button, this is the icon editor you get.  I would appreciate if you would do it and tell me if you get the "old" icon editor, too.

Also, I think there is a misunderstanding;  I am not talking about the vi icon that you see on the front panel in the upper right corner.  I want to create the icon which appears with the exe file after building.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,274 Views)

Hello David,

I was able to import an image to the executable icon editor( see image below).

ApplicationIcon_1.JPG

Just open the image using windows paint, press CTRL+A to select all, CTRL+C to copy, then go to the executable icon editor and paste it. I did it with an emoticon:

icon.jpg

Regards,

Mart G

Message 10 of 10
(8,245 Views)