From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a single square wave pulse using the NI PXI-5401 Function Generator?

I am trying to generate a single square wave pulse using the 5401 function generator and it's accompanying LabVIEW library (niFgen.llb). The vi that I have is based on the niFgen_Trigger_Example.vi included with LV 8.20. Unfortunately, all I get after I induce a software trigger it is a signal that is a step wave going 2 steps up before it turns into a continuous sine wave. The probes I have set up to look at the waveform and trigger mode give me what I expect - SQUARE and SINGLE. Any help you can provide on this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,287 Views)

Hi Manu_Mike,

I hope you are doing well today!  I have attached a link to another Discussion Forum post that is similar to this post, but it is regarding the 5402 instead.  While this is a task that is better suited for our Arbitrary Waveform Generators, perhaps you could use the Fgen Sweep Generator.vi example that is in the LabVIEW Example Finder to generate what you are looking for.  I have attached a link to this discussion forum post below.  I hope this helps!

Discussion Forum: How can I generate a single (50ms) square wave? I'm using a PXI 5402.

Taylor G.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,247 Views)