From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a XY graph from a 3D object

I'm trying to get a 2D projection of a section of any stl object. I open the stl file and have a clip plane that cuts the object at any point. Then I was trying to get the object's section that is drawn in this clip plane.

But instead of that I just get a single point in the XY graph.

Could you guys help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,832 Views)

Hi,

I have no experience with what you are doing - but I can point out some obvious flaws in the code.

In "clip plane" event frame, the property node you use to obtain x and y input for your build xy graph only gives you the size of your window inside the 3D element: width and height.

When fed into the build xy graph this gives only one point. The x and y inputs of the build xy graph would have to be arrays to produce more than one point.

Additionally I think the create clip plane vi doesn't do what you expect it to do - read the help for that vi thoroughly.

Regards Florian

Message 2 of 7
(2,782 Views)

As Florian mentionned, you are feeding a scalor for X & Y, thus a single point.

I'm trying to figure out where you're supposed to get your 3D data from...  Can you shed some light on what the code is supposed to do and where the values are from?

Message 3 of 7
(2,779 Views)

First I tried to generate 4 viewports, but I failed. Then I tried to generate a 2D projection of an object slice made by a clipping plane. What I am trying to do is to take measures from this slice, that's why I was trying to use a XY graph

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,769 Views)

This is something just like I was trying to do:

cross section.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,744 Views)

"3D Vision Advanced Toolkit For LabVIEW" have this Fuction!

https://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/zhs/nid/217368

I developed a body measurement software using this toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,049 Views)

BodyMeasureBodyMeasure

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,047 Views)