LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate a DTMF signal with PXI-5441?

I'm weak on LabVIEW and signal generation with a PXI-5441. A simple block diagram would be great help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,107 Views)

Hi ETC_Jim,

The post Generate Touch Tone Phone System DTMF Signals was written for DAQmx but includes examples for generating DTMF signals in LabVIEW. In addition, LabVIEW comes with several examples already included for signal generation on the PXI-5441, including "Fgen Function Generator," which specifies that the 5441 can run this example (LabVIEW >> Help >> NI Example Finder >> Search >> "5441"). Searching for 5441 on the example finder will populate a list of examples supported on your device.

If those resources don't answer your question, could you be more specific on the signal you're generating as well as the examples you've already tried?

Christine B
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,914 Views)

Thank you Christine B,

I really appreciate the quick reply. I will look at these examples and experiment. I'll let you know what kind of progress I make.

Basically I'm trying to learn how to control the 5441 in the audio range. I want to generate an old 2 wire telephone signal for a DTMF receiver.

Thanks again Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,902 Views)