From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out if a particular CAR has been addressed

Solved!
Go to solution

I've had a BSOD that was caused by niraptrk.dll, otherwise known as the NI Raptor Runtime driver issue.

Searching the forums reveals that NI CAR# 520554 will address the problem.

How do I tell if this CAR has been addressed and find out which DAQmx driver version I need to move up to.

I'm currently using LabVIEW 2013 for development, the deployed exe is using NI DAQmx Device Driver 15.0.1f3.

What would be the lowest risk upgrade to solve the issue? we have several machines running the same application and don't want to risk more issues appearing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,775 Views)

The bugs fixed in a release are mentioned in the release notes so I just searched for 520554 and found that in the NI-DAQmx 15.5 Readme.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,768 Views)

many thanks, for completeness of the forum post, can you explain where you typed 520554, which page did you search on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmann2000

@bmann2000 wrote:

many thanks, for completeness of the forum post, can you explain where you typed 520554, which page did you search on?

Google

I selected "NI CAR# 520554" from your post and then right clicked search with Google.  It was the 2nd result and this thread was the 1st result.  I find Google does a much better job when trying to find something.

If you are searching on NI I think the trick is to add a "-" to the number.  "-520554"  I am not sure if it will always work, but it does find the same info as Google this time.

Message 4 of 7
(2,731 Views)

many thanks, I was able to find the DAQmx release notes on the NI website, but I had no idea which version might address that CAR, too much to read through.  Thanks Google.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,704 Views)

@bmann2000 wrote:

many thanks, I was able to find the DAQmx release notes on the NI website, but I had no idea which version might address that CAR, too much to read through.  Thanks Google.

This is a screen capture of my Google search.  The 3rd result showed the car id and the DAQmx version.

Either way, glad you found your info.

car id google.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,696 Views)

I am now using LabVIEW 2018 and DAQmx 18.0, but NI Raptor BSOD strikes again!   niraptrk.dll+2cf8f, last time it was niraptrk.dll+1bc49.

blueScreenView.JPG

Can someone at NI tell me if file niraptrk.dll 4th Dec 2017 15:59:18 is the latest version.  Also, if I use LabVIEW 2018 64-bit, will i still be vulnerable to the same BSOD.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,219 Views)