From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out how IMAQ pattern match works inside?

I need detailed info on the internal workings of the IMAQ pattern match vis (L7.1).

I don't need source code as such (although that would be cool). I just need a desription of the algortihm. The manual is not detailed enough.

I need to be able to explain my program rigourously for a scientific paper so I have to find this out. Any help much appreciated..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,327 Views)
I wouldn't be too optimistic about this. You can try searching this site to see if there are any documents refering to this, but I doubt you will find someone who knows, has the time and has the authorization to reveal this data in the depth you need (unless you're lucky). If the algorithms used for this are standard algorithms, you may be able to find something here or on Info LabVIEW.

(2,318 Views)

Hello

If you want more information about the pattern matching algorithms, look at the IMAQ Vision Concepts Manual which can be found at the link below.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/49110D7DB7FD282E86256EE70014816F

If you look at Chapter 12 this discusses the way in which the pattern matching is performed. This is probably the most detailed information we will be able to give out to you. Let me know if this isn't what you need and I'll see what I can find.

Regards

Hannah

NIUK & Ireland

Message 3 of 4
(2,313 Views)
I actually just found a sdifferent document buried in the NI website that I think will be good enough. Thanks.

It's called "Pattern Matching Strategies".
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,305 Views)